Thursday, December 4, 2008

Forgive and (never forgetting).....



I cannot go through life bearing grudges, never forgiving and never forgetting. Actually, I'll never forget, but the act of forgiving and letting go is quite a liberating experience. I quite literally felt the pain that was the catalyst for the grudge leave my body and what I was left with was a smile and an outlook that goes in one direction. The Future.

Over the past week or so I made a decision to dump some useless baggage that has been hanging around for a while and I feel fantastic for it. I feel like a bigger person. There's no bitterness anymore. I've had contact with a man who caused me a few months of sadness, maybe not entirely caused by him and maybe not entirely caused by me, but there is no longer any blame. That game got boring so i decided to end it. You know, it can be a bit like Monopoly. It goes on and on and on and even tho you've got Park Lane, it's still boring as hell. I never thought that I would be able to laugh or chat with him again because of the circumstances, but last night proved me wrong and after quite an extensive conversation that involved quite a bit of laughter about what happened and where our lives have gone, I realised that the old adage of "time heals all" is so very true. Sometimes the length of time can vary. Maybe that depends on how deep the wound is but allowing yourself to change your thoughts ontop of that helps as well.

Maybe one day I'll hold him to that beer he's promised or better still, I may make it a vodka. It's much more expensive and after the shit I went thru I think it's the least he could do......(only kidding).

5 comments:

The Mutant said...

Now you've got me all curious so I need to know the background on this story, that way I'll be better able to advise if you should catch up for a beer, a vodka or a bottle of Moet!

Monty said...

Glad you've got it off your chest! I had that sort of thing too - last year - but I decided the gent in question just wasn't worth the effort of maintaining a grudge. And of course, I met McBrad and life's been peachy ever since. :-)

scottiejt said...

oh Kezza, Some things I just cannot reveal too much of. But let me assure you, a bottle of Moet would actually be more like it.

Monty - Didn't you feel so much better after no longer holding a grudge... :)

Anonymous said...

haha- just noticed this - a bottle of MOET hey - LOL

will see what I can do......

scottiejt said...

Actually KJR - I dont like champagne, so a beer is perfect. ;)