Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Will Be Scarless. I Will Be Without Scar.....

I am now recovered. I still have the stitches but am feeling ship shape. I will admit that I am, and will be slightly disappointed because deep down I wanted to be left with a major scar. I mean, if you are going to have surgery you want a reminder of what happened.  What's the point in having surgery (or a procedure as some people like to keep reminding me) if you do not have a souvenir as a keepsake. I wanted to be able to rip my shirt off and for my people to say "OMG!! you poor thing!!! How did you survive that?", but knowing me all they would say is "OMG!!! You are so horribly disfigured!!! It's repulsive and I can no longer look at you!".

So the one time I go under the knife, I will be scarless. I will be without Scar. Maybe I should have asked for that nose job I have always wanted while I was anesthetized. 

3 comments:

James said...

I had my appendix removed (emergency-like) in 1990 and still have the caesarian-scar. You can have mine if you like... :)

Monty said...

Doh! You could've claimed that the scar was the result of a vicious stab wound received while you were trying to save a poor old lady from being robbed or something!

scottiejt said...

James - a big scar is sexy....(I'm not shallow. Really i'm not ;)

Monty - why didnt we communicate about this most important subject earlier.....you could have given me the idea......