Sunday, November 9, 2008

2 Things - Blowing Whistles - Newtown Festival

1) I went and saw a play last night - Blowing Whistles.....If you are a gay man, you must go and see it. Totally brilliant, funny, poignant and heartbreaking. And the cast are pretty good eye candy as well.

2) Today is the Newtown Festival. Now I live directly across the road from where it takes place and every year it is a NIGHTMARE! I've had people urinating in my front garden (more than once) I've had to fight my way thru a dozen or so lesbians blocking my front gate with their Harley Davidsons (and let me tell you, that was possibly the scariest moment of my life) and then there was the incident with the pot smoking, dread locked hippies. But that wasn't such a bad thing :) But the plus to all this is I'm spending it with my mates and ending the day with a few beers and maybe the odd vodka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny stuff scott, i remember this time last year, i had to come and pick u up for work on an am shift. i was 6mths pregnant and u told me u didn't want to move your car cause of the mayhem the festival brings. what's funny is when i came to pick u up and drove up your street there was someone lying on the road, her drunken posse all trying to do something and when we left and drove back down the street the ambo's were there and we both just laughed cause u were telling me about how bad the festival ends up on your front lawn.
god i miss working with u, i really do.

scottiejt said...

M.R. I miss so much working with you to!!!!! You were one of the very few people who put a smile on my face and a laugh in my belly at that place.

I cannot believe that was 12 months ago...My god time has gone fast.

And I may have complained about the festival previously, but this year, i had the greatest of times.
And thankfully, they blocked off my street and had security guards at either end so no riff raff could enter. I felt very special.