Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS. 9 MONTHS TO GO.....

My 40th is exactly 9 months away and I have made a decision on what I'm going to do for it. I'm renting a house/villa in Tuscany for a month. I have almost convinced my best mate "S" and his boyfriend "V" to come with me, so all I need to do now is do something about that other 20%.
I was going to have a big party but I've always said that I want to be back in Europe for the big four zero, so the decision has been made. I don't even mind if I am there by myself but to have my close mates there with me would be even better. Now I have to start saving.  :)


6 comments:

Monty said...

Sounds FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE Tuscany! And it's a great idea for a 40th! Hmmmm, maybe I should think about something like that for my 40th - of course, still a couple of years away for me! he he!

scottiejt said...

Thats right Monty, rub the fact in that you are that much younger than me :)

Monty said...

he he he he! ;-) I'm only 2 yrs younger, so it's not exactly a huge age difference. And, in your favour, I always tend to be attracted to guys my age + 5yrs, so IF I was footloose and fancy free (which I am decidedly not, thanks to my hot McBrad), I'd have my eye firmly fixed on you! ha ha!

scottiejt said...

Monty...you flatterer you......if you could see me, i'd be blushing :)

Phil said...

Hey Scottie ... I'm insanely jealous!! I just love the whole villa in Italy thing. Have you picked your villa yet? Friends & I have stayed at a few now. Our favourite was one in Umbria near a little town called Todi. The views were spectacular and the villa was delightful. If you want more info let me know.
Cheers
Phil

scottiejt said...

Hey Phil,

I have been to tuscany once and stayed in San Gimignano but only for a couple of nights. Am very excited about this. If you could give me some info on where you have stayed and any recommendations i would love you forever. Thanks heaps.

scottiejt