Monday, November 10, 2008

The Top 20 Songs on my Ipod (in alphabetical order).....

These are my favourite tracks at the moment. When I like a song, no matter how old it is, I tend to have it on high rotation on my ipod. In fact, it is on constant repeat - Obsessive? Me? 



1) My Love, My Life - ABBA. I can see the eyes rolling and the gasps of "he's soooo gay" from here.

2) Hometown Glory - Adele. It's about her love affair with London. Totally beautiful song.

3) Prisencolinensinainciusol - Adriano Celentano. The best foreign language song in this lifetime. And the clip that accompanies it is completely cool. 

4) Leavin' Me - Bent. I've been addicted to the band for a few years now and this song has such a kitsch feel to it.

5) Comin' Back - Bent. One of my favourite songs of all time. The lyrics and the music never fail to bring a tear to my eye.

6) I Still Remember - Bloc Party.  Another track where the lyrics and the music give me goose bumps. Rock/Pop at its best.

7) Dream On - Christian Falk feat. Robyn. The prettiest song I have heard in the last 12 months.

8) Neverland - Darren Hayes. A song about a boy and the hatred he has towards his father. (Well, that's my interpretation). Listen to the lyrics. Tells a great story.

9) One Step Too Far - Faithless feat. Dido. A great dance track and with Didos vocals added, I find it quite haunting.

10) Distant Dreamer - Duffy. I cannot get enough of this chic and this song is so big and grand. Straight from the 60's.

11) Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun. You know you get those songs that remind you of a season?? Well this one just reminds me of summer when I was a kid. It takes me back to a very happy time for some reason.

12) 17 Again - Eurythmics. One of my fave songs from one of my fave bands.

13) Diferente - Gotan Project. Another one of my all time favourite tracks. Reminds me of when I was in Europe.

14) Girl That Speaks No Words - The Infadels. Love this singers English accent. The first time I heard this song I immediately had to have it. 

15) Mr Brightside - The Killers. I don't think I will ever get sick of this track.

16) No Wow/Telephone Radio Germany - The Kills. I find this song really sexy and dirty.

17) The Age of the Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets. Was this song taken straight from the 60's. They are certainly foppish.

18) Smile - Lilly Allen. The perfect breakup/revenge song.

19) Is It Over? - Lovers Electric. A very sad song from a great Aussie band.

20) Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack. I think possibly my favourite track of all time.


No comments: