Monday, November 24, 2008

It's A Small World After All.....

I broke up with "M" about 5 weeks ago and yes, I'm completely over it now. That I know for sure. So anyway, like probably 90% of gay men, (well, gay men I know) I thought I'm going to go on the website that we love so much. (You know the one. The soul destroying one with the profiles that say they are after masculine, muscular, non asian blokes for a beer or possibly a ltr and attached is a pic of their genitals). After being on it for a few days, a lovely chap messages me. We chat and he seems like quite a lovely guy. There is no flirting on my part (ok, maybe just a tiny bit) when all of a sudden I have what is almost this feeling of deja vu. Have I met this guy before? I can see myself being introduced to him or dancing with him somewhere and low and behold he's a friend of "M's". Out of over 1000 guys on this bloody site, a friend of my ex has to chat to me.  I guess I won't be catching up for a beer with this one. Or maybe I will. I mean, I'm not interested in meeting anybody for anything other than a beer (or maybe a shag). Oh god, that merry go round they call single life is now well and truly swinging.....

4 comments:

Monty said...

Oh isn't that single life just a little bit FUN too! :-) Trust me, gay life in Sydney is all of 2 degrees of separation at most! Enjoy yourself Scotty!!!

scottiejt said...

I would have my fun if I could just stretch the 2 degrees to maybe 6 degrees.....

The Mutant said...

I gave up looking for men online because they were all full of shit, then I gave up looking for men in bars because they were all full of shit then I stopped looking for men through 'friends of friends' because they were all full of shit. Then what happens, I meet my lovely boyfriend at a bar, turns out he had an internet profile at the time and was a friend of some frinds of mine. Sadly we can never dictate the terms of fate so I say go for it, have as many beers with as many men as you see fit!

James said...

I've stopped using that site because, as you say, it's kinda soul destroying. If only guys would start staying what they're actually like, as opposed to what they think people would like, and we'd be on a much better standing. It's the difference between reality and fantasy, I guess. I understand why it exists, but you kinda wish something more realistic and self-assuring existed too...