Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Pet Peeve.....

I've come to the realisation that drivers who do not have the courtesy to give you a wave, a thank you for letting them in front of you is one of my pet peeves, if not the thing that pisses me off the most. I mean, it doesn't take much to say thank you but it appears the word or even a thank you gesture alludes the majority of the human race. I work in a customer service industry and I encounter many people every day and I would hazard a guess that about 90% of these people do not say thankyou. They do not even smile and give you a pleasant welcome. What is happening? Is everybody in such a rush that they simply do not have the time to utter these words? Is everybody so fucked off that they want to bring those of us that aren't down with them? Well to all those people out there who fall into the category of the "no thank you's" I give you this.....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Scott, if you think it is bad down there then don't drive in Brisbane. Drivers up here never let you merge (they have no idea about how to do it and can't work out how to let mergers in) and NEVER give the thank-you wave. To the not-so-friendly Qld drivers I also give the big finger!
Vanessa

Monty said...

I'm with you Scott, those kind of drivers are just bad bad bad! Hey, did you end up going to Palms on Sat night? I was there, but wimped out at 1am. :-(

X

scottiejt said...

Vanessa - They couldn't be any ruder than Sydney drivers.....Its not possible.

Monty - I didnt end up going out. Had a quiet night with a mate.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes they are! I think it is the heat that makes them just plain rude.
V