Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The race that stops a nation, and empties my wallet.....

Ok, today I bet on 7 horses in the race that stops a nation.  That is 7 horses!!!! Now there was a total of 22 horses in the race, actually make that 15 horses and 7 donkeys and naturally I backed the 7 donkeys. 

Now if you would just cast your eyes to the picture above you will see a photo of one of the "horses" I backed. Resting!!!! Somebody obviously forgot to tell the jockey to put down his coffee and extinguish his cigarette because last I heard, my bloody donkeys hadn't even crossed the line!!!!

4 comments:

Victor said...

It was a great finish though and for the first time in years I picked up a third placing in sweeps.

I only said that second bit because I got tired of hearing everyone else brag how they picked the winner in years gone by, lol.

scottiejt said...

It was a very exciting finish, unfortunately not for me tho......I wish I could say I atleast got 3rd in a sweep.....maybe next year....

Anonymous said...

Exciting for you and many others...I guess. But did you know that at least 18000 horses are sent to the abattoir each year in AUS because they are no longer winners???
Then, of course, there are the horses that are "dealt with" by their owners rather than bothering with transport and other abattoir-associated costs.
There is always a dark side to human nature. If outwardly it appears very glitzy, glamorous and promises cash rewards then, unfortunately, it seems to have a very dark side. Not just for the horses.
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade...
Vanessa

scottiejt said...

Well Vanessa, maybe me not winning any money from all my bets is a way of somebody or something telling me that horse racing really is not the greatest of industries.....Thats what I get for supporting it i guess.