Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Does everthing in life happen for a reason........


My friend once said that "everything in life is a learning curve". And countless other people have said "everything in life happens for a reason." Is all this true????? If it is, then why are innocent people killed? Why are homeless people homeless? Why are children abused? This may all sound very heavy, but if you have read my blogs recently, I'm in a very serious, reflective, contemplative mood. 

Do we all need to suffer for the sake of learning? And what if we do suffer and we fail to learn. 
I cannot think of anything, especially in my life that has happened and what the possible reason for it happening could have been. I mean, there are the what if's. Like if i didn't move to Sydney 12 years ago, where would I be now? If I didn't break up with a fella 16 years ago, where would I be now? Do we all go thru tough times to "toughen" up? I, like many others, have been through many tough times, but I haven't toughened up. I'm still the same sensitive, emotional soul that I was 20 years ago.  

I've heard that our lifes path is mapped out for us when we are born. I personally think this is crap, but if it is true, can the person doing these maps be a little more kind? I mean for gods sake, there is too much shit that goes on in this world, so make it a little easier for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally bud. We're often left questioning why and how and is it all for the best. though from my experiences, it is. sometimes it just takes us a while to realise this. hang in there. you'll be fine. life has much better things to offer.