Saturday, October 18, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to........


A funny thing happened on the way back to my place.
After having lunch with a mate today, I was walking home and decided I would sit in the park across from my house and enjoy the sunshine. I had taken the day off work as my week was and still is very stressful. Anyway, that's not the point.  A very strange thing happened. I was asked by 2 "students" if they could photograph me as they thought my t-shirt was "extremely cool". 
Well, 1 photograph turned into 2 which turned into 5. I thought further investigation was required, because let's face it, I didn't want a picture of me ending up in the wrong hands and then before you know it, I see a photo of myself on the evening news with the headline "do not approach this man" underneath it!

Anyway, it turns out they were walking the streets of Newtown taking photos of t-shirts (as you do...) for a photograph exhibition they are putting together. They assured me that the photo would be cropped and that no evidence of the person wearing the shirt would be on display. 
I have to admit, I do love living in Newtown. You never know what could happen.....and you never know what will come along to cheer you up. Even if it's only briefly.

No comments: